HORSHAM FITNESS TRAINING ZONE UNVEILED
Horsham Fitness officially opened their new Training Zone at Horsham Rugby Club on 4th June with over 40 members enjoying a free workout on the artificial grass surface. Ribbon cutting duties were dutifully carried out by Shaun O’Dell the longest serving and highest attending member.
This was followed by a cake sale, raising over £200 for St. Catherines Hospice and MacMillans.
HF has been running for over 5 years, offering 13 group training classes a week and now boast to having the best outdoor training facilities in the area, which will now enable them to enhance their offering to help people FEEL GREAT EVERY DAY.
New members, whatever age and fitness goals are always welcome to join this hard working, friendly, fun loving community.
Dates for the Diary
4th June – 14th July
23rd July – 1st September
10th September – 20th October
End of year dates to be confirmed
Mon 0600, 0930, 1815 and 1915
Weds 0600, 0930, 1815, and 1915
Thurs 0600, 0930, 1815 and 1915
UPCOMING DIARY DATES
Saturday 21st July:
0830 FREE workout
Monday 23rd July – Saturday 1st September:
Start of 2018 six week programme
Start of six week Body Challenge
Sunday August 26th:
Shoreham Dragon Boat Race
Gap week time changes:
Wednesday 0600, 0930, 1815
Star HF Member of the month
Huge congratulations to Lisa Gilbert who has taken the title of HF member of the month. Never missing a session Lisa’s commitment, consistency and hard work has got her the results she wanted, amazing body transformation results and noticeable improvements in her strength and fitness. Well done Lisa!
“I have been coming to HF since 2012 with a few breaks in between and it has kept me motivated and interested in fitness. I love that all the sessions are different and I can just turn up at 6am half asleep and not even think about what I have to do as it as already been structured for me. I recently wanted to up my game and Mark has taken that on board and has pushed and encouraged me to work harder and improve my technique, it has been like have a PT even in a group session! The last few months I have lost 10lbs and 10cm off my waist so I am mega happy and my upper body is really taking shape. We all have become friends, we make each other accountable and also have a laugh – it is a great way to start the day and I wouldn’t want to miss a session.”
In other news…
Here are some great tips to maintaining a healthy lifestyle on holiday yet still enjoying yourself.
- Stay hydrated and drink plenty of water. Stock up of plenty on bottled water from the supermarket and always have one handy.
- Eat a healthy breakfast aiming for high protein options, like eggs, yogurt, nuts, seeds and meats and then ensure you have a good stock of healthy snacks from the local supermarket.
- In restaurants take advantage of local and seasonal food. If you’re staying by the sea eat lots of fresh grilled fish. Oily fish including sardines, fresh tuna, salmon and mackerel is particularly good as it’s rich in Omega 3 keeping your skin hydrated and aiding healthy digestion.
- If you are planning a night out eat plenty of protein first and try to alternate glasses of alcohol with water. Try to avoid cocktails that may contain sweet mixers and added sugar as these really notch up your calorie intake.
- Try to eat a variety of different coloured fruits and vegetables. Try oranges, red peppers, green courgettes, yellow sweet corn as many as possible to get a wide range of antioxidants.
- Plan to exercise at least 3 times a week. Take your training gear, trainers, tops, shorts, swimming kit, stop watch etc and plan your workouts. You may want to download a workout app to follow or alternate the workouts below. Stay active sight seeing or take regular walks along the beach.
- Remember things may not always go to plan so don’t be too hard on yourself if they don’t. Make sure to give yourself some down time and occasional treats as you are on holiday after all!
Take HF on tour this summer
Send us a picture or post it on the Horsham Fitness Facebook page a photo of yourselves on holiday either training or in your HF vest, or simply just enjoying yourselves!
Lets see where and how far Team HF get this summer!
A couple of short workouts that can be done anywhere on holiday. Always perform a short warm up before starting and have a water bottle handy.
- Squats 20s on/10s off x 8
- Walking lunges 20s on/10s off x 8
- Burpees 20s on/10s off x 8
- High knees 20s on/10s off x 8
- As many rounds as possible in 20 minutes
- 10 squats
- 10 squat jumps jumps
- 10 press ups
- 10 T rotations
- 10 Burpee to star jumps
- 10 lunges
- 10 split jumps
- 10 Burpee jump forward run backward
Have a great summer everyone!